UG/ PG/ Ph.D. Guidance:
- No. of Ph.D. Students: 5 (ongoing)
- No. of PG (M.Tech.) students Guided: 25 (completed); 02 (ongoing)
- No. of UG (B.Tech.) students Guided:21 (completed); 05 (ongoing)
1. Water Audit and Feasibility Study of Rainwater Harvesting System and identification of Artificial recharge zone for Groundwater recharge in Swami Vivekanand Airport, Mana, Raipur.
2. Verification/ carryout calculation of water requirement for the different industries in Chhattisgarh.
3. Appraisal of water supply and sewerage schemes of different ULBs in Chhattisgarh
4. Vetting of water supply network for Siddhghat/Sakrimorcha Ghat Multi-village Rural Water Supply Scheme, Distt. Seoni (MP).
5. Vetting of Hydraulics of Baagh Multi Village Rural Water Supply Scheme, Distt. Dhar (MP).
6.Climate Adaptation in Wetlands along Mahanadi River Catchment area in Chhattisgarh state.
7. Planning & Designing of Rain water Harvesting system in the HIRA power & steel Ltd.
1. Best paper award received in oral presentation in the International Conference HYDRO-2018 during 19-21 December, 2018 for the paper:
"Verma, Mani Kant; Elamuhil S; Verma, Mukesh Kumar. Flood frequency analysis in Seonath and Hasdeo river basins using index flood, L-moments and Locfit approaches. HYDRO-2018 International, National Institute of Technoplogy Patna, December 19-21, 2018."
Attended Two Month Summer Internship at University of Exeter, U.K. during M.E. Program.
Six month duration certificate course on German and French Language.
- Organized a National level Workshop of one week duration on Visual MODFLOW software held at NIT Raipur, 2013 as organizing secretary.
- Organized a National level Workshop of one week duration on Water Resources in developing countries: Planning & Management (27th, 28th August, 2015) at NIT Raipur as co-coordinator.
- Organized a National level Workshop of one week duration on Testing Methods in Civil Engineering Construction (16-20 November, 2015) at NIT Raipur as co-coordinator.
- Organized one day workshop under research project “Construction of Low Volume Roads on Soft Subgrade Soil Improved by Locally Available Marginal Materials” funded by Human Settlement Management Institute (HSMI), HUDCO New Delhi at Civil Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Raipur in association with HSMI, HUDCO New Delhi on 14th August 2015 as organizing member.
- Organized one day workshop “Research Schemes in DST & Recent Advances in Civil & Transportation Engineering” under TEQIP-II at Civil Engineering Department, National Institute of Technology Raipur on 1st August 2015 as organizing member.
Guest Lectures Delivered:
- Delivered an expert lecture on Open Channel Flow during 5-day FDP on “Foundations on Thermal and Fluid Engineering” under TEQIP-III, from 17-21 September, 2019 at IIT Bhilai on 20th September 2019.
- Delivered a guest lecture on Sedimentation Analysis & Reservoirs at Department of Civil Engineering, Government Engineering College Raipur on 22nd July 2019.
- Delivered a guest lecture on Hydrological Modelling at Department of Civil Engineering, Government Engineering College Raipur on 7th May 2019.
- Delivered a lecture on climate change impact on Hydrology and SWAT training at National Ground Water Training and Research Institute, Ministry of Water Resource, Govt. of India situated at Raipur centre on 27.12.2018 & 28.12.2018.
- Delivered a lecture on Hydrological Modeling in GIS Environment: using ArcGIS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC- HMS during the National Workshop on Water Resources in developing countries: Planning & Management (27th, 28th August, 2015) at NIT Raipur.
- Delivered a lecture on Measurement of Flow during the National Workshop on Testing Methods in Civil Engineering Construction (16-20 November, 2015) at NIT Raipur.
Workshop/ training program Attended
- Participated at the Edu- excursion camp organized as part of the project, “ Inter-University Competition on Water Resources Management’, from 26-31 October 2015 at Gurgaon organized by TERI University.
- Attended a training course of one week duration on SWAT Modeling at NIH Roorkee in 2013.
- Attended a workshop cum training program of one week duration on Time Series Analysis and its Application at NIT Patna in 2014.
- Attended a monsoon school of one week duration on Urban Floods at IISC Bangalore in 2014.
- Attended a workshop cum training program of one week duration on Integrated Catchment Modeling at NIH Roorkee in 2015.
- Attended a workshop of one week duration on Advance Data Analysis for Management at IIT Delhi in 2015.
- Presented a seminar on Methods of Estimation of Infiltration in Watershed.
- Presented a seminar on Thermal Remote sensing of Urban Climate.
- Presented a seminar on Real Time Monitoring of Urban Water Distribution System.
- Application of Remote Sensing to Ground Water Exploration and site for artificial recharge.
- Modeling storm surge flooding of an urban area with particular reference to modeling uncertainties
- Presented a seminar on different Probability distribution function and Goodness of Fit test
- Have done a mini project on the application of SWMM in Urban Hydrology Course.
- Have done a short term project on Ground Water Modeling using Visual MODFLOW.
- Prepared a statistics model for analyzing time series data. (ARIMA model etc.)