About Bio Technology
WELCOME TO THE DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
Vision:Our vision is to promote, support and facilitate the development of Biotechnology. Department of Biotechnology will train and prepare students to become competent Biotechnologists who will be able to apply principles of engineering and life sciences to solve a wide array of problems in a global society and in order to do so will develop new cost effective alternative technologies.
Mission:We defined and prioritized our mission as: To be a sound center for education and research in field of Biotechnology in India. To provide adequate and scientific education in Biotechnology to the under graduate students and prepare them for innovative, creative, and successful careers in a global society. We aim towards emphasizing on interdisciplinary research merging science and technology and to shape biotechnological developments under an ethical vision. We catalyze the formation of and participate in biotechnology based education programs campus-wide and with industries in order to address important national and global needs, and work in the direction of technology transfer and their commercialization. We want to excel in all aspects of academic activity and produce a high quality technology based engineers and entrepreneur for the society.
Program Educational Objectives:
- To provide adequate and sound education in Biotechnology to under graduate students. In order to prepare students for innovative, creative, and successful careers in a global society as competent Engineers.
- To make them skillful professional biotechnologist who can apply principles of the subject to develop excellent research tools and capabilities through project works
- To produce qualified graduates of biotechnology to meet the emerging needs for biotechnologists in India and abroad.
- To emphasize on interdisciplinary research merging science and technology so that students can address important national and global needs, and work in the direction of technology transfer and their commercialization.
- To develop the qualities like creativity, leadership, team work, skill, and professional ethics, thus contributing towards the growth and development of society.
Programme Outcomes (POs):Upon graduation, we expect
- Graduates will have an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to biotechnological problems
- Graduates will have an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- Graduates will have an ability to function as individual, and as a member or leader in diverse technical teams (term work, practical, mini project and project)
- Graduates will have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- Graduates will have an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- Graduates will have an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- Graduates will have an a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- Graduates will have knowledge of contemporary issues
- Graduates will have an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computing tools necessary for engineering practice
- Graduates will able to qualify GATE, CAT, GRE, TOFFLE for higher studies
- Year Of Establishment :
- Year 2003
- Intake :
- B. Tech. – 60
- Ph.D.- As per requirement of faculty
- Degree Offered :
- B. Tech. (Biotechnology)
- Ph.D. (Biotechnology)