About Applied Geology
Vision -To promote the sustainable development and conservation of mineral and natural resources.
Mission -To promote Human Resource Development (HRD) in achieving goals of sustainable development and conservation of mineral and natural resources.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Students will gain knowledge and experience in the application of geological principles to the investigation of mineral resources.
- Students will possess the fundamental skills associated with geological project management, supervision, and decision-making processes.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to correctly interpret geologic maps.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to identify and explain the formation of a rock suites, ore deposits, structures and rock-forming minerals.
- Our students will perform competently in professional practice in the areas of
- Mineral Investigation
- Geological mapping and Surveying
- Mining Industry
- Remote Sensing and GIS
- Economic Geology
- Engineering Geology
- Our students shall show the ability to identify the geological problems and to implement appropriate solutions.
- Our student shall show abilities of good teamwork and leadership practices.
Programme Outcomes (POs)The programme outcomes are the skills and knowledge that students are expected to imbibe during his studies and shall be able to apply professionally in his workplace.
- Students shall have an ability to apply the basic knowledge of geology to real-life problems besides the use of computational and mathematical knowledge and tools.
- Students shall be able to comprehend mineral policies, rules and laws of the land. The post graduates shall get facilitated to plan and design the geological project to evaluate the system performance and productivity.
- Students shall be able to manage & execute their geological plans to meet desired goals within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety and sustainability. The students shall be capable of understanding the impact of a geo-engineering solution in global and societal context
- Students shall gain knowledge about the availability and application of state of art tools viz., computer software, modern instrumentation, novel technologies, for their applicability in geological activities.
- Students shall be able to comprehend the productivity, efficiency of applied geologic and allied components, as well as suggest possible solutions in improving the same with reference to economics, safety and optimization.
- The post graduates will come to know recognition of need for higher learning, and an ability to engage in updation.
- Students shall be able to make effective communication in oral, written, graphical forms with confidence and ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve geological problems.
- Field competence.
- Also we expect our post-graduates to achieve the following:
- i. should demonstrate leadership and initiative to advance professional and organizational goals and obtain substantive results.
- ii. should demonstrate a commitment to teamwork while working with others of diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds.
- iii. should demonstrate unflinching dedication and engagement in the geologist profession, locally and globally.
- iv. should aspire for higher learning and adapt to the constantly changing terms of practice & working environments.
- v. excel and improvise their skills under challenging circumstances at their workplaces.
- Year Of Establishment :
- Year 1961
- Intake :
- Post Graduate Program - 15
- Degree Offered :
- Post Graduate Program - M.Tech. (Applied Geology)