Authorities of the Institute
The following shall be the Authorities of the Institute, namely:
- A Board of Governors
- A Finance Committee
Such other Authorities as may be declared by the Rules to be the authorities of the Institute. Board of Governors
The Board of Governors of the Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:
(a) The Chairman: An Eminent Technologist/ Engineer/ Industrialist/ Educationist to be nominated by the Central Government.
(b) Nominee of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
(c) Nominee of the Higher/Technical Education, Government of Chhattisgarh.
(d) Head of another Technical Institution in the region or an eminent technologist nominated by the Central Government.
(e) Director of the Indian Institute of Technology [in the region] or his nominee.
(f) Nominee of the UGC not below the rank of Deputy Secretary.
(g) Nominee of the AICTE not below the rank of an Advisor.
(h) An alumnus of the Institute from amongst alumni in education /industry to be nominated by Board of Governors.
(i) Two representatives representing large, medium and small scale industries to be nominated by the Central Government.
(j) One Professor and one Associate/Assistant Professor of the Institute by rotation and seniority.
(k) Director of the Institute: ex-officio Member Secretary
The Senate of the Institute shall comprise of the Director of the Institute who shall be the ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and such other members as may be laid down in the Rules. Subject to the provisions of this MOA, the Rules and the regulations, the Senate of the Institute shall have the control and general regulation, and be responsible for the maintenance of standards of instruction education and examination in the Institute and shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be conferred or imposed upon it by the Rules.
The Senate of the Institute shall consist of the following persons, namely:-
a) The Director, ex-officio, who shall be the Chairman of the Senate;
b) The Professors (including Professors of Training and Placement) appointed or recognized as such by the Institute for the purpose of imparting instruction in the Institute;
c) Deans, Heads of the Departments, Centers, Schools or divisions other than Professors;
d) Chief Warden;
e) Three Persons, not being employees of the Institute, to be nominated by the Chairman in consultation with the Director from among educationists of repute; and
f) Not more than six other members for their special knowledge appointed by the Chairman after consultation with the Director for such period as may be specified by the Chairman.
Chairman of the Board of Governors
(1) Chairman of the Board shall preside over the meetings of the Board and at the Convocations of the institute. (2) It shall be the duty of the Chairman to ensure that the decisions taken by the Board are implemented. (3) The Chairman shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this MOA or the Rules.
Director of the Institute
(1) The Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government for a term of five years.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for imparting instructions and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this MOA or the Rules or Regulations.
(1) The Registrar of the Institute shall be appointed on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Rules and shall be the custodian of records the common seal of the Institute and such other property of the Institute as the Board shall commit to his charge.
(2) The Registrar shall act as the Secretary of the Senate and such Committees as may be prescribed by the Rules.
(3) The Registrar shall be responsible to the Director for the proper discharge of his functions as decided by him from time to time.
(4) The Registrar shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this MOA / the Rules / the Director
The Finance Committee
The Finance Committee, shall consist of the following persons, namely:
a. The Chairman, ex-officio, who shall be the Chairman of the Committee;
b. Two persons nominated by the Central Government;
c. Two persons nominated by the Board from amongst its members; and
d. The Director, ex-officio;
e. The Registrar, ex-officio Member Secretary.
Building and Works Committee
The Building and works Committee shall consist of the following persons, namely: -
a) The Director, ex-officio, who shall be the Chairman of the Committee;
b) One person nominated by the Central Government;
c) One person nominated by the Board from amongst its member; and
d) The Registrar, ex-officio Member Secretary
e) Dean, Planning & Development
f) Nominee of the CPWD or the PWD (Civil Wing)
g) Nominee of the CPWD or the PWD (Electrical Wing)
Council of National Institute of Technology
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may specify in this behalf a central body to be called the Council will be established.
(2) The Council may consist of the following members:
|a) Minister of HRD, Government of India||Chairman|
|b) Education Secretary, Ministry of HRD, Government of India||Member|
|c) Principal Advisor (Education). Planning Commission||Member|
|d) Secretary, Department of Science & Technology. Govt. of India||Member|
|e) Director General, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research||Member|
|f) Special Secretary / Additional Secretary / Educational advisor (T)
Ministry of HRD, Government of India
|g) Chairman, UGC||Member|
|h) Chairman AICTE||Member|
|i) Financial Advisor, Ministry of HRD, Government of India||Member|
|j) Two Chairman of the Boards of the Institutes (By rotation)||Member|
|k) Five Directors of the Institutes (By rotation)||Member|
|l) One Director of IIT (By rotation in alphabetic order)||Member|
|m) Two Secretaries of Higher / Technical Education from
states where NIT are located (by rotation)
|n) Two persons from Industry nominated by the Central Government||Member|
| Joint Secretary (Technical Education) / Joint Educational Advisor (T)
Ministry of HRD, Government of India.